“I look for targeted outcomes for my clients that make strategic and commercial sense. I have acted primarily in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries throughout my career, handling matters globally”.
Dr. Rob Silberstein
Rob is an intellectual property specialist, with a deep knowledge of commercial law and litigation developed through 20+ years of senior roles in multinational companies, such as Johnson & Johnson Research and Mylan, as well as private practice roles in top-tier law firms and patent and trade mark attorney firms, including Allens and Sprusons & Ferguson.
He is experienced in all aspects of protecting, commercialising and enforcing intellectual property rights across the globe. Rob has strong contentious matter capabilities and is a formidable litigator. He has conducted matters and represented clients across State and Federal jurisdictions including in the Appellate Courts.
Having worked in-house at Johnson and Johnson Research and Mylan he has an in-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry. However, his experience in private practice encompasses industries as diverse as mining, medical devices, renewable energy, IT, and general commercial litigation.
Rob has acted in matters involving parties such as AI Media, Alphapharm, Apotex, Aspen, Baxalta, BHP, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Caroma Dorf, Deputy Commissioner of Taxation, Generic Partners, Glaxosmithkline, Ground Support Service, John Morris Group, Labfriend, Medtronic, News Corporation, Onesteel, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Group, Pfizer, Roche, Sandoz, Sandvik, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Quaker, Viater Medical, Warner Chilcott and many Universities.
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate, commercial and regulatory advice
- Development and implementation of product launch strategies
- Intellectual Property Freedom to operate analyses
- Intellectual Property Non-Infringement and Invalidity Opinions/Positions
- Intellectual Property Commercialisation
- Litigation and dispute resolution in a wide range of Australian Courts and Tribunals (State and Federal)
- Lobbying Government
- Managing significant sized intellectual property
- Patent and Trade Mark Oppositions
- Therapeutic Goods Regulation and Clinical Trials
- Bachelor of Medicine (MB)
- Bachelor of Surgery (BS)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB Hons I)
- Master of Health Law (MHL)
- Master of Industrial Property (MIP)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal
Practice (Grad Dip (Legal Practice))
- Fellow of the Institute of Patent Trade Marks Attorney
- Registered Australian Patent Attorney
- Registered New Zealand Patent Attorney
- Registered Australian Trade Marks Attorney
- Registered Medical Practitioner
- Admitted Solicitor NSW
- Finalist, Managing Partner of the Year 2019 Australian Law Awards
- Finalist, Boutique Law Firm of the Year 2019 Australian Law Awards
- Finalist, Wellness Initiative of the Year 2019 Australian Law Awards
- Finalist, Managing Partner of the Year 2018 Australian Law Awards
- Finalist, Boutique Law Firm of the Year 2018 Australian Law Awards
- Finalist, Managing Partner of the Year 2017 Australian Law Awards
- Finalist, Boutique Law Firm of the Year 2017 Australian Law Awards
- Patent Attorney of the Year - Sydney Acquisition International 2017 IP Excellence Awards
- Director of Northcott Innovation
- Pro Bono lawyer Arts Law Centre